Sophrology Caycedian relaxation therapy is in its authentic form, with the original methodology as established in hospitals and developed since 1960 by its founder, Dr. Alfonso Caycedo, neuropsychiatrist.
Training the body and mind to develop serenity and wellness
Relaxation therapy is a holistic practice for people to move smoothly into their lives by getting through the discovery and development of their potentialities and values to their fullest potential.
Relaxation therapy is both a science that studies human consciousness and a set of techniques and body-centered methods.
Sophroniques the techniques and methods to find a balance too often broken by stress, fatigue or daily events.
They allow everyone to find resources in himself and improve his quality of life in the harmony between body and mind.
– SOS means harmony, tranquility, serenity,
– PHREN means spirit, consciousness,
– LOGOS means of study, science, knowledge,
where the first definition of relaxation therapy: Scientific School student of human consciousness in harmony.
A commonly used definition is Science of consciousness in harmony or Science of harmony of consciousness.
The motto of relaxation therapy is since its creation:
« UT conscientia NOSCATUR »
(For Consciousness is)
ORIGINS OF SOPHROLOGIE
The origins of relaxation therapy are twofold:
– The existential phenomenological psychiatry,
– Contemporary Neurology.
Relaxation therapy is original in its methodology and concepts.
Have influenced the work of Professor Alfonso Caycedo:
– The techniques of hypnosis and relaxation of the West,
– The mental processes of yoga, Buddhism and Zen,
– The phenomenological philosophy (Hegel, Husserl and Heidegger)
– The Western psychology (Jung, Freud, Jasper).
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AND RELAXATION SOPHROLOGIE
There are several levels of consciousness:
– The level of sleep: the brain transmits electrical pulses with frequencies between 20 and 40 Hz,
– The level of sleep: the brain transmits electrical pulses frequencies between 2 and 6, 2 Hz corresponding to deep sleep,
– The sophroliminal level or level: level between wakefulness and sleep. The brain emits electrical pulses frequencies between 8 to 12 Hz. Our consciousness goes into this state when we fall asleep and when you wake up.
Relaxation techniques allow the conscience spending level ensures sophroliminal level.
The frequency of brain waves decreases, muscle tension to relax the body, calm breathing and the heart slows.
The awareness level sophroliminal makes possible the implementation of specific techniques of relaxation therapy that can work in the future (projection), the past (trauma), the present (any conflict) on the imaginary, on the symbolic and the world of emotions.
In this sense, relaxation is not in relaxation therapy, a means, not the goal.
In relaxation therapy, it is possible to access a small part of the unconscious. This may allow insights impossible in the waking state. The person communicates with itself, it experiences its inner life.
STATES AND CONSCIOUSNESS LEVELS
Obtaining welfare through increased two factors: awareness of states and levels of consciousness.
There are three states of consciousness:
– The ordinary consciousness: that of « everyman »
– The pathological consciousness: that of the person who is psychiatrically reached,
– The sophronic consciousness: that of the person that is in harmony with herself, with others and with the environment.
Life happens to have more flavor, more color. The newspaper is transformed.
It is necessary to practice the exercises at the level of consciousness sophroliminal to be usually sophronic state of consciousness.
THREE BASIC PRINCIPLES OF SOPHROLOGIE
Principle of objective reality
This is to take into account the client’s reality and that of the relaxation therapist, to consider and accept the constraints of the patient and those of the relaxation therapist.
Principle of body image as lived reality
It is learning to tame his body pattern and not be solely in the head.
affirmative action principle
This principle states that any positive action on the physical has a positive effect on the consciousness and vice versa.